Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to
COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this
Common symptoms are:
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
If you become ill
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, reduce your contact with others:
- Isolate yourself at home for 14 days to avoid spreading it to others
- If you live with others, stay in a separate room or keep a 2-metre distance
- Visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority
- Call ahead to tell them your symptoms and follow their instructions
- Call 1-833-784-4397 (Public Health Agency of Canada) or, local public health office.